Thursday, May 23, 2013

DOES FLOOR MATTER?


In a response to my last post about choosing the color I am receiving many emails with question: how to include floor in the overall color scheme. So here is my answer to all of you.

If you have carpet- then Yes- I always give a consideration to the carpet. Today the wall-to-wall carpets are pretty neutral. However, neutrals are not the same. For example, the beige can be green-beige, pink-beige, yellow-beige. What you really want is to use the same undertone on the wall so everything flows nicely.

If you like color and you have green, red, or etc carpet then you definitely want to match the wall color to that carpet.

 
Source pinterest.

If you have wooden floor- then No! Wooden floors are like jeans- they go with everything! Oh, I love it. And it does not matter whether the floor is light or dark – it will match all your walls!

 
Source Pinterest
 
Another dilemma I am facing very often with my clients is: tiles or wooden floor in the kitchen? I say, put wood wherever you can! It is nicer for bare-foot than tiles AND- you do not need to worry about the color to match the backsplash, walls, cabinets, or in the open floor plan to match the rest of the house (trust me on that one! Betty- if you read this post maybe you want to comment…) - like with the carpet, you need to consider tiles during the color selection.

Source Pinterest

If you worry that wooden floor in kitchen will be damaged here is my massage:  unless you are running a home-restaurant there is nothing to worry about. Whether it is wooden floor or tiles (especially grout) you will need to refresh it, anyway!!

Which floor do you like, have or would like to have?

If you have question or looking for advice please give me a call 860-368-0056 or email anna@asrinteriordesigns.com

No comments: