Friday, October 05, 2012

TIMING IS EVERYTHING


In my July Newsletter I wrote about the benefits of hiring a designer. I got a great responseJ 
I love the enthusiasm people have when they contact me about their design projects. Designing a room or a house is very exciting process but also time-consuming!

I am sure you watched at least one episode of HGTV design shows (if not all). HGTV gives so many ideas! However, they show rooms being changed very quickly, cutting out the behind the scenes work and time. The reality of the design process is quite different.
 

I want to share few timing tips for you to consider for your next design project so you can finish the project on desired date. Here you go:
  • You'll need to fit into the designer's schedule, which may be backed up couple of weeks
  • You need to fit to the contractors schedule (if you remodeling or renovating) (1 month)
  • You'll need time for planning, shopping for furnishings, accessories, lighting, window treatments, waiting for samples, changes in planning, shopping again (1 month)
  • Once your items are selected, allow 8 - 12 weeks for upholstered or custom pieces to arrive 
  • You'll need to allow extra time for any delays… and life

The timing might change depending on the size of the project and your involvement. But no matter whether you are DIY type or hiring a designer consider these tips in your upcoming projects.
I hope you find it helpful...
 

No comments: