Wednesday, October 22, 2014

INSPIRATIONAL WEDNSDAY…


Where to look for inspiration when decorating a house? I say e v e r y w h e r e!

I just saw this carpet from Jaipur

Might not be for everybody but it is just what I need for my new project J!

Here is the story:
Problem: I need to redo a room: briefly, a gold/olive window treatment (although silk- must go!), greenish carpet (although matches perfectly window treatment- must go!) and brown sofa, now outdated as brown gave the space to gray (it is still in a perfect condition though so we do not touch… yet …). Overall, the room is too dark, too much yin energy. The goal is to make it more modern, brighter, balanced with yang energy!

 O well- we’ll work it all out!

Solution: So- I saw this rug- it is just perfect! It will add a gray color without changing the brown sofa. But when my customer will be ready to change the sofa- there are options. My first choice will be beige  -  can go with any color J (just must be proper beige). But can also be a gray one, or charcoal. I like to give some "room to play with”.
Now I need to find window treatments and other furnishing. My goal is to keep it quite neutral with some pops of color maybe in paintings and accessories….. Well, let’s see what the next inspiration brings J
 
 
If you need help choosing the rug, please contact me, or read how to choose the rug size.
BTW, the rugs from Jaipur are for trade only, woolen, fantastic quality, and many choices. If you would like more information about some rug, please contact me: anna@asrinteriordesigns.com or 860-368-0056
Where do you find your inspirations?
~ania

No comments: